About CAMEO Chemicals
CAMEO Chemicals is a database of hazardous chemical datasheets that emergency responders and planners can use to get response recommendations and predict hazards—such as explosions or toxic fumes.
Key Program Features
- Search by name, CAS (Chemical Abstracts Service) number, or UN/NA (United Nations/North American) number to find chemicals of interest in the extensive database of thousands of hazardous substances.
- Review chemical datasheets for physical properties, health hazards, information about air and water hazards, recommendations for firefighting, first aid, and spill response, and regulatory information.
- Get information from additional sources using the U.S. Coast Guard CHRIS (Chemical Hazards Response Information System) manual, the NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) Pocket Guide, and International Chemical Safety Cards links on many chemical datasheets.
- Access UN/NA datasheets for response information from the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) and shipping information from the Hazardous Materials Table. ERG Response Guide PDFs are available in English, Spanish, and French.
- Predict potential hazards that could arise if chemicals were to mix.
CAMEO Chemicals is available in multiple formats: website, mobile website, desktop program, and mobile app (available in the App Store and on Google Play). Most program features are available in all formats, but there are a few features that depend on the format.
|Features||Mobile App||Mobile Site||Website||Desktop Program|
|Runs offline (without internet)||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Perform simple search||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Use "type ahead" to aid in searching chemical names||Yes||No||No||No|
|Perform advanced search||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Find datasheets by browsing||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|View chemical datasheets||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View UN/NA datasheets||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access history of datasheets viewed during session||Yes||No||No||No|
|Keep items in MyChemicals list between sessions||Yes||No||No||No|
|Export Compatibility Chart||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Access print-friendly layouts||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Share PDFs and CSV files directly from program||Yes||No||No||No|
|Save MyChemicals collections locally in program||Yes||No||No||No|
|Interact with ALOHA hazard model (desktop program)||No||No||No||Yes|
|Access help topics||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
Tip: If you're using the online formats, you can switch between the website and the mobile website using the links at the bottom of the webpage—and CAMEO Chemicals will maintain your session data. For example, you could use the mobile site to build a MyChemicals collection, and then click on the Full Site link to generate and print the report.
CAMEO Chemicals is developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Office of Response and Restoration in partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Emergency Management.
Version 2.7.1 rev 3