- CAMEO Chemicals has 1 chemical datasheet with response recommendations for this UN/NA number.
The Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) provides general response recommendations for first responders.
UN/NA datasheets display several items from the ERG: material names, response guide PDFs, initial isolation and protective action distances, warnings about toxic-by-inhalation gases that may be produced if the material spills in water, and polymerization hazards.
Response Guide 157
Guía de Respuesta 157
Guide d'Intervention 157
Substances - Toxic and/or Corrosive (Non-Combustible / Water-Sensitive) Sustancias - Tóxicas y/o Corrosivas (No Combustibles / Susceptibles al Agua) Substances - Toxiques et/ou Corrosives (Non-Combustibles / Sensibles à l’Eau)
- Nitrosylsulfuric acid, liquid
- Nitrosylsulfuric acid, solid
- Nitrosylsulphuric acid, liquid
- Nitrosylsulphuric acid, solid
ERG Table 1: Initial Isolation and Protective Action Distances
|Name of Material||Small Spills
(from a small package or small leak)
(from a large package or many small packages)
in all Directions
|Then Protect Downwind||
in all Directions
|Then Protect Downwind|
|Nitrosylsulfuric acid, liquid (when spilled in water)||100 ft||0.1 mi||0.3 mi||1000 ft||0.6 mi||1.8 mi|
|Nitrosylsulfuric acid, solid (when spilled in water)||100 ft||0.1 mi||0.3 mi||1000 ft||0.6 mi||1.8 mi|
|Nitrosylsulphuric acid, liquid (when spilled in water)||100 ft||0.1 mi||0.3 mi||1000 ft||0.6 mi||1.8 mi|
|Nitrosylsulphuric acid, solid (when spilled in water)||100 ft||0.1 mi||0.3 mi||1000 ft||0.6 mi||1.8 mi|
ERG Table 2: Water-Reactive Materials which Produce Toxic-By-Inhalation Gases
When spilled in water, large amounts of Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) may be produced.
The Hazmat Table in 49 CFR 172.101 "lists and classifies those materials which the Department (of Transportation) has designated as hazardous materials for purposes of transportation".
UN/NA datasheets display several items from the Hazmat Table: proper shipping names, hazard classes and divisions (explosives may also include a compatibility group letter), label codes, and special notes relating to shipping location, shipping name, and whether the material is an inhalation hazard.
Descriptive text for each label code is shown below the table, along with representative vehicle placards.
|UN/NA||Proper Shipping Name||Hazard Class||Labels||Notes*|
* There are three notes: (1) whether the displayed information is for domestic (U.S.) or international shipping (if neither is specifically indicated, it applies to both), (2) whether the proper shipping name must include one or more technical names of the hazardous material in parentheses, and (3) whether the hazardous material is an inhalation hazard.
|UN||Nitrosylsulfuric acid, liquid||8||8|
8 - Corrosive
Version 2.7.1 rev 1