- CAMEO Chemicals has 3 chemical datasheets with response recommendations for this UN/NA number.
The Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) provides general response recommendations for first responders.
UN/NA datasheets display several items from the ERG: material names, response guide PDFs, initial isolation and protective action distances, warnings about toxic-by-inhalation gases that may be produced if the material spills in water, and polymerization hazards.
Response Guide 153
Guía de Respuesta 153
Guide d'Intervention 153
- Alkyl sulfonic acids, liquid, with not more than 5% free Sulfuric acid
- Alkyl sulphonic acids, liquid, with not more than 5% free Sulphuric acid
- Aryl sulfonic acids, liquid, with not more than 5% free Sulfuric acid
- Aryl sulphonic acids, liquid, with not more than 5% free Sulphuric acid
There are no initial isolation and protective action distances listed in the ERG.
The ERG doesn't predict that large amounts of toxic-by-inhalation gases will be produced if this material is spilled in water.
The Hazmat Table in 49 CFR 172.101 "lists and classifies those materials which the Department (of Transportation) has designated as hazardous materials for purposes of transportation".
UN/NA datasheets display several items from the Hazmat Table: proper shipping names, hazard classes and divisions (explosives may also include a compatibility group letter), label codes, and special notes relating to shipping location, shipping name, and whether the material is an inhalation hazard.
Descriptive text for each label code is shown below the table, along with representative vehicle placards.
|UN/NA||Proper Shipping Name||Hazard Class||Labels||Notes*|
* There are three notes: (1) whether the displayed information is for domestic (U.S.) or international shipping (if neither is specifically indicated, it applies to both), (2) whether the proper shipping name must include one or more technical names of the hazardous material in parentheses, and (3) whether the hazardous material is an inhalation hazard.
|UN||Alkyl sulfonic acids, liquid or Aryl sulfonic acids, liquid with not more than 5 percent free sulfuric acid||8||8|
8 - Corrosive
Version 2.7.1 rev 1