- CAMEO Chemicals has 6 chemical datasheets with response recommendations for this UN/NA number.
The Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) provides general response recommendations for first responders.
UN/NA datasheets display several items from the ERG: material names, response guide PDFs, initial isolation and protective action distances, warnings about toxic-by-inhalation gases that may be produced if the material spills in water, and polymerization hazards.
Response Guide 154
Guía de Respuesta 154
Guide d'Intervention 154
- Ethyl phosphonothioic dichloride, anhydrous
- Ethyl phosphorodichloridate
- Poisonous liquid, corrosive, organic, n.o.s.
- Toxic liquid, corrosive, organic, n.o.s.
ERG Table 1: Initial Isolation and Protective Action Distances
|Name of Material||Small Spills
(from a small package or small leak)
(from a large package or many small packages)
in all Directions
|Then Protect Downwind||
in all Directions
|Then Protect Downwind|
|Ethyl phosphonothioic dichloride, anhydrous||100 ft||0.1 mi||0.1 mi||100 ft||0.1 mi||0.1 mi|
|Ethyl phosphorodichloridate||100 ft||0.1 mi||0.1 mi||100 ft||0.2 mi||0.2 mi|
The ERG doesn't predict that large amounts of toxic-by-inhalation gases will be produced if this material is spilled in water.
The Hazmat Table in 49 CFR 172.101 "lists and classifies those materials which the Department (of Transportation) has designated as hazardous materials for purposes of transportation".
UN/NA datasheets display several items from the Hazmat Table: proper shipping names, hazard classes and divisions (explosives may also include a compatibility group letter label codes, and special notes relating to shipping location, shipping name, and whether the material is an inhalation hazard.
Descriptive text for each label code is shown below the table, along with representative vehicle placards.
|UN/NA||Proper Shipping Name||Hazard Class||Labels||Notes*|
* There are three notes: (1) whether the displayed information is for domestic (U.S.) or international shipping (if neither is specifically indicated, it applies to both), (2) whether the proper shipping name must include one or more technical names of the hazardous material in parentheses, and (3) whether the hazardous material is an inhalation hazard.
|NA||Ethyl phosphonothioic dichloride, anhydrous||6.1||6.1, 8||Domestic (U.S.), Inhalation Hazard Zone B|
|NA||Ethyl phosphorodichloridate||6.1||6.1, 8||Domestic (U.S.), Inhalation Hazard Zone B|
|UN||Toxic liquids, corrosive, organic, n.o.s.||6.1||6.1, 8||Technical Name Required|
6.1 - Poison Inhalation Hazard
8 - Corrosive
Version 2.7.1 rev 3